hey there friends…wow can you believe January is almost already over?? i’m shook 😉
i’ve been thinking & praying & searching for my word for 2019. i think i found it. brave.
i recently heard these two verses that, wooowww, just really spoke to me:
“For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.” -Isaiah 41:13
He has a plan for us, y’all. He is with us. He loves us. He is good to us.
- making: smoothies. handwritten notes. little doodles on my notes.
- cooking: semi-healthy food. #newyearsamestruggles #trying
- drinking: water. lotsss of water.
- reading: so much. most notable: Love Does by Bob Goff
- wanting: more time for slow and intentional mornings
- looking: at bookstagrams. i kind of love them, that i even made my own.
- playing: my Español worship playlist on spotify. always on repeat.
- wasting: paper. i need to do better.
- sewing: haha, um…i’m not qualified enough for this one.
- wishing: for fresh blooming wildflowers
- enjoying: intentional and encouraging conversations about Jesus with friends
- waiting: for grad school to be over. haha tryingggg (barely) to enjoy it.
- liking: my morning gym time (gasp, i know–who am i?) and 100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self by Annie Downs
- wondering: why God made sunsets so beautiful
- loving: Nala behaving better and more family time
- hoping: that I’m honoring Jesus with my actions.
- marveling: at how beautiful the little things are, like the sunrise on my way to work/school
- needing: to learn Spanish ASAP
- smelling: lavender essential oil and fresh lemons
- wearing: alllll the cozy sweaters
- following: new baking recipes
- noticing: that my feet are always cold.
- knowing: that the Lord is good.
- thinking: about resting tomorrow. yay for a holiday.
- feeling: grateful. at peace.
- bookmarking: healthy soup recipes.
- opening: a new toothbrush. it has a unicorn on the handle 🙂
- giggling: at all the chick-fil-a memes and trey kennedy vids
hope you enjoyed the list. i first saw the idea from sydney, here.
I went to NYC & back to Mèrida, MX this winter break. they were both magical experiences. i’m grateful the Lord let me go. here are just a few of my favorite pics from the trips:
one last thing, i ended 2018 on a really great note. my goal for the year was to be more intentional. i think this was definitely a challenge, but mannn the Lord used it to grow so many of my relationships with others. so with that being said here is a picture of my life group:
if you aren’t already in community, i encourage to get involved. it’s so important to have a group of believers to share with and do life (literally) with. i wouldn’t be a part of this group if i didn’t listen to God, take a step out of my comfort zone, and be intentional about seeking community. it’s life changing y’all. no joke.
praying 2019 is full of blessings and joy for ya.